Project Index

Have questions or comments about the magazine?<br>Post them here and they will be forwarded to the appropriate staff member for reply.

Project Index

Postby cvsc » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:30 pm

This is first time on the forum however I have been reading CWC since Aug./89
My problem is that since I have so many copies of the mag. that it is an enormous task to find a project. Thumbing through each issue usually means that by the time I find the project that I am looking for, it's too late to do any work.
Do you have an Index or can you suggest a soloution to this problem,
regards CVSC
cvsc

Index

Postby bborg47 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:43 pm

CVSC, I have been scrolling for about 4 years and love the magazine.I found that I lookat the projects in the current issue and if there is one that catches my eye,I just do it.There is always one special project that get's to me and I found that to be the best way to pick something out.I am still working so it sometimes takes me a while to do it because of doing it in my spare time but when I retire there will be a lot of sawdust flying.Good Luck.Bubba
bborg47

Re: Project Index

Postby John Polhemus » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:02 pm

cvsc wrote:Do you have an Index or can you suggest a soloution to this problem,
regards CVSC

One idea would be to scan the contents page of each of your back issues and new magazines as you get them.

JP
Scroll Saw Patterns
www.jpwoodworks.net
John Polhemus
Admin

Index of published patterns

Postby Wes Demarest » Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:54 pm

As of now there is no index of patterns that have been printed in the magazine. Several folks have mentioned creating one, but do not have all of the back issues. As far as I know, you may have the most complete collection including the publishers back issue stock!
Wes Demarest
Special Projects Editor & Photographer

CW&C Index

Postby cvsc » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:34 pm

Thanks for the replies folks, I guess my next step's to use John's suggestion and start scaning the individual mag. indexs and copy them to a data disc.
Wes I will let you know my progress may be able to get a half decent index in time
regards CVSC[/b]
cvsc

Return to CW&C Magazine