2005 Holiday Issue

Have questions or comments about the magazine?<br>Post them here and they will be forwarded to the appropriate staff member for reply.

2005 Holiday Issue

Postby Greenfield Bob » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:49 pm

On the full size pattern section no. 2, 11 ornaments are partly cut off, wouldn't it have been better to have a section 3 and not have so many ornaments on one page?

Bob
Greenfield Bob

Postby John Polhemus » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:50 pm

Sorry for taking several days to reply to this post.

I talked to the art department at CW&C and the artwork sent to the printer fit just within the margin specifications. Apparently the printer didn't constrain themselves to the agreed margins as rigidly as CW&C did!
Unfortunately, adding a 3rd pattern section to the magazine would simply be too expensive. CW&C had hoped to provide as many patterns as possible to its readers in this holiday issue, but in the future, instead of pushing the pattern section limits so closely, perhaps some projects could be reserved for another issue.

I compared my copy to several newsstand copies and it appears the amount clipped by the printer is consistent. Fortunately it's just a bit of the outside curved border on eight of them. Easy enough to fix by tracing a bit of the curve from the rest of the outside border to replace the missing bit. Three of them are clipped more than the others though. I wanted to wait until our editor was back from vacation to post this so I could get the official word as to how the problem would be resolved. The plan is to rerun those three patterns. Even those three wouldn't be hard for folks to fix who don't want to wait for the reprinted patterns. Until then, apologies for the trouble it causes anyone is offered. The margin problem is something we've not encountered before, and shouldn't be a problem again now that we know the 'real' limits!

JP
John Polhemus
Admin

Postby John Polhemus » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:36 pm

Here's a link you can download the three patterns if you want them before they're reprinted.

http://www.woodworksandcrafts.com/issue ... ions.shtml
John Polhemus
Admin

Postby Greenfield Bob » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:07 pm

Thanks John.

Bob
Greenfield Bob

Incomplete plans.

Postby Keith » Sat May 27, 2006 9:26 am

Hi guys and gals. I am new to your forum, but I have been reading your magazine for over 2 years now. I live in Germany and my father ordered the magizine for me for my birthday. I have really admired the extent of your work and the content of the mag. Great job and thank you.

Now for the real reason why I am writing. My mother-in-law was looking at the pics, (can't read english) and had seen the snowman "piggy bank", and had asked if I could do that for her. She wanted it about 80 cm high. That is about over knee high. I told her I would do it for her. I had mangaed to get it complete and tonight I painted it all white to get it Weather coated. Bad weather here. So as I went through the mag again to get the "detail pattern" and scan it, I noticed that it was missing. I guess when Diana Thompson noticed the eyes were crossed, and wanted to get another pattern in, she may not have made the deadline in time. If you have the pattern and could post it here, I would really appritiate it.

Thank you , and thank you Diana for such a nice design. Keith
No time to do the things you like, because the spouse is always there reminding you of the things that really need to be done. God Bless Women!!!!
Keith

Return to CW&C Magazine